Quarterback Runs | Showing Comments:
statgoon81

8/30/15 2:43 PM Quote

1997 Kordell Stewart and 1999 Doug Flutie, as I mentioned in a different thread a while back, had the same rushing stats......88 rushes for 476 yards.........but Stewart rushed for 11 TD's and Flutie for 1.........Stewart passed for 21, Flutie for 19..........I have a "must run" touchdown formula that converts rushing TD's by QB's into passing TD's......Does not affect the value of the play, it's merely a bookkeeping thing to gets the stats more realistic.........multiply Stewart's rushing TD's by 2 and divide that number by his [rushing plus passing TD's]........2 times 11 is 22 divided by 11 + 21 (32) = .687-500....Stewart, before defense adjustment (multiply .6875 by defense season TD's allowed divided by league average TD's allowed) will keep his rushing TD 68.75% of the time, the other 31.25% we will roll on receiver TD stat chart to select for scoring purposes............Flutie ends up keeping his rushing TD's just 10% of the time.............That's an example of THE MUST RUN TOUCHDOWN CONVERSION FORMULA....the QUARTERBACK END RUN LIMIT FORMULA (See internet SOM rules under "Injury and fatigue rules", for me it was page 32 of 50 available to print).......CONTINUED............

In this discussion