Strat-O-Scams | Showing Comments:
statgoon81

6/5/17 9:09 AM Quote
Card viewer app:

What a scam that is. I would not pay for ANY app, let alone one that exists partly due to the Strat-O-Matic Game Company's shortchanging their customers on carded players.

Baseball Reference and other databases are free alternatives to profiling player splits and creating cards to fill rosters.

The Card Viewer App is a SCAM

AS-PLAYED SCAMS AND FOLLIES:

Glenn Guzzo and others try to push the as-played method partly because it can make a lot of money for them. Guzzo recently was pushing his inventory of as-played rosters (85 past seasons for $19 stinkin' bucks a pop!) on the commercialized Forum 2.

As-played means you know in advance what pitcher will start each game from beginning to end and knowing in advance what 25 or whatever players are available for each game.

This takes away the gamer's creativity and flexibility.

I suggest using probability rather than certainty, and combining that with flexibility that allows for maximizing roster use.

So I suggest the Pitcher Regulation Table/Flex Roster/substitute card method for game set up and enhance that with home brewed rules.

The trend toward automation in gaming has been cleverly promoted by the game company's marketing people. The industry of McGaming (fast-food, high quantity, mass game play) allows for the sales of ancillary products associated with computer gaming needs.

Forums are now tailored to McGaming and are controlled--unofficially--by the Strat-O-Matic company. These are sanitized, Big Brother type forums set up for a limited group of aging men who like to tinker with their computers and compost their mostly-computer-managed replays.

Or guys who just want to sell off their old Strat-O-Matic products.

As-played gaming is a ridiculous concept. Why try to repeat past seasons, when redoing them is more fun? And we already know by now that the stats in game simulation are credible or else we wouldn't buy the game in the first place.

In this discussion