Analytics, Kapler Style | Showing Comments:
statgoon81

4/22/18 5:30 PM Quote
Phillies complete four game sweep over Pittsburgh for their 13th win in their last 16 games. They've started the season 9-1 at home, a franchise best since one of the great Strat-O-Matic teams of all time, the 1964 Phillies.

With one out and the score tied in the bottom of the 11th, Andrew Knapp belted an opposite field wind-blown triple. Then, with the infield in, Aaron Altherr hit a GB(ss)X that resulted in a G3# reading, converting the groundout to shortstop into a game winning single**

The Phils go to 14-7

Said first year manager and analytics savant Gabe Kapler:

"I really feel good about our confidence levels right now. We're having a lot of fun. I think having fun in baseball is really important. It's a long season. Keeping it light--we laugh in the dugout. I hope you guys are seeing that. A lot of smiles and a lot of laughter, and after the games, We're having a great time in there. We take it seriously and we prepare like animals, but we also enjoy each others'company, and We're laughing a lot and having a lot of fun, and that leads to confidence".

The Phillies won only 66 games last year, but with the best and brightest coaching staff in baseball, they are on the rise.

Analytics, yes. But also PsychoAnalytics.

In this discussion